We recognise that we all have a responsibility to help prevent the physical, sexual, emotional abuse and neglect of children and visitors to the Centre and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We believe every child and adult using our Centre should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure those children and adults we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are suffering harm.
- All children and adults have the right to be treated with respect, to be listened to and to be protected from all forms of abuse.
- We recognise the personal dignity and rights of children, and staff, and will ensure all our policies and procedures reflect this.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of all those who will work with children and families on behalf of ECFEACC.
We are committed to:
- Following the requirements for UK legislation in relation to safeguarding children and implementing good practice recommendations.
- Respecting the rights of children as described in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Implementing the requirements of legislation in regard to people with disabilities and ensuring equality regardless of ethnicity and gender.
- Ensuring that workers adhere to the agreed procedures of our safeguarding and child protection policy.
- Keeping up to date with national and local developments relating to safeguarding.
- Following any local authority guidelines in relation to safeguarding children and adults who are in need of protection.
- Supporting the Safeguarding Designated person in any action they may need to take in order to protect children/vulnerable adults.
- Ensuring that everyone agrees to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this organisation.
- Nurturing, protecting and safeguarding of children and young people
- Supporting, resourcing, training, monitoring and providing supervision to all those who undertake this work.
- Supporting all in the Centre affected by abuse.
- Adopting and following the ‘Safer Working Standards developed by the Government and Child Protection Advisory Service.
- Children’s Social Services (or equivalent) has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a child. Adult Social Care (or equivalent) has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a vulnerable adult.
- Where an allegation suggests that a criminal offence may have been committed then the police should be contacted as a matter of urgency.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
We will review this statement and our policy and procedures annually. To read the full policy click here
If you have any concerns for a child or vulnerable adult then speak to one of the following who have been approved as safeguarding designated persons for this organisation.
Carla Nichols Safeguarding Designated Person
Tel: 01603 219797 (opt 1)
In her absence
Tel: 01603 219797 (opt 1)