This page has been made to help provide ideas for activity at home. We will update these pages monthly. It is organised by Marlena who you can contact with her email address here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspects of Positive Play
- Children use first hand experiences from life.
- Children make up rules as they play in order to keep control.
- Children symbolically represent as they play, making and adapting play props.
- Children choose to play - they cannot be made to play.
- Children rehearse their future in their role play.
- Children sometimes play alone.
- Children pretend when they play.
- Children play with adults and other children cooperatively in pairs or groups.
- Children have a personal play agenda, which may or may not be shared.
- Children are deeply involved and difficult to distract from their deep learning as they wallow in their play and learning.
- Children try out their most recently acquired skills and competences, as if celebrating what they know.
- Children coordinate ideas and feelings and make sense of relationships with their families, friends and cultures.
Norfolk County Council Home Learning Page